Hello again! Interested in making some SUPER CHEAP canvas look-a-likes?! I’m a huge canvas lover, but personally would never spend $300 on one this size! I wouldn’t even want to spend $50 on a small one. Mostly because I’m cheap, but also because there are SO many different ways to create canvas look-a-likes for little to no money!
This DIY canvas look-a-like literally took me about 40 minutes to do and $20!! And I absolutely LOVE them!! If you’re a crafter you most likely have most of these supplies already at your house, like I did. Here’s what you need to make these for yourself:
• Foam board (from Home Depot or Lowe’s) cut out to the size canvas you would like
• 4 engineer prints. Mine were 2×3 in size (staples will do these for about $4 a piece… NOTE this is only for black and white pictures. I wanted color, but if you want color the price jumps up significantly! To like $80 for one! You can order them offline from any other store you’d like as well) Also, Make sure you order something larger than your foam board so the picture can be wrapped around it.
• Spray adhesive (make sure it works on FOAM! Or else it will eat it away and you’ll be left with tiny holes all over)
• Double sided tape (I picked up some Scotch that worked best for walls without removing the paint with it when you take it down)
1) I took my flash drive to staples and had them print out my 4 pictures. I chose 2×3 but you can go bigger or smaller based off of your foam board size. And if you want more of a close up picture then go bigger and just cut the extras off 🙂
2) My foam boards were already the perfect size, so I just laid the pictures down on the foam and adjusted it to where I’d like to glue it. (MAKE SURE YOU MEASURE THESE BEFORE YOU BUY THE PICTURES SO YOU KNOW YOUR PICTURE WILL FIT. Also you need to make sure your picture is big enough to wrap around the sides of the foam and a little on the back.)
3) I then sprayed the adhesive on half of the board, meanwhile holding my picture up…I laid the picture back down and smoothed it out nicely and adjusted the picture to the perfect spot. Then I did the other half of the picture. Once the entire front was done I let it dry by putting it to the side and working on my other 3 pictures.
4) Once all 4 of my pictures were glued down in the front I started back at the first picture to glue down the sides. I did this part just like wrapping a present. VERY tight on the corners so you could barely tell that there was a little fold there…this picture kind of shows it.
5) After all 4 canvas look-a-likes were done I let them sit for another 10-15 mins just to make sure the back was completely dried before I hung them up on my wall.
6)Lastly, I applied some Scotch tape to the back and stuck them to the wall. 🙂
I hope y’all enjoyed this one as much as I did!! Let me know what cha think!