OH, just your rubber door mat hanging up as ART! Ch-ch-check out it folks!!!
Here’s another easy easy DIY project for ya! All you need is:
- a rubber door mat ⇢ some people say you can find these for $1 at the dollar store…however I had no such luck. I picked mine up from wally world for just under $10!
- white spray paint (or any color you wish)
- sandpaper (optional)
- a few nails and a hammer
This project is literally the easiest one I’ve done yet! It was a late night project that only took about 20 minutes to dry 🙂 sweeeett!!
Here are the steps for you:
- pick out a rubber door mat with an awesome design
- also pick up some spray paint; any brand; any color (I already had some in the garage so I went with what I had)
- go home and follow the directions on your spray paint bottle and get to work. I did about 3-4 light coats and it was dried and ready to be sanded within 20 minutes!
- I love the distressed look – so I took my 3M sandpaper block and roughed up the edges and the middle a little bit. You can skip this step altogether if you’d prefer, or you can go sand paper crazy and distress it a lot more than I did!
- FINAL STEP: once your mat is completely dry all you have to do is hang it up somewhere! TA-DA! SO SO EASY and lovely looking at the same time =] Here are some more pics of my door mat for you:
As I mentioned before, this was a late night project for me so the lighting isn’t all that great, and I’m no photographer that’s for sure! But you get the point 🙂 I’m going to get some smaller mats and hang them vertically, side by side, in our guest room – there are many different style mats and hanging options to consider. I hope you enjoyed this one as much as I did! Let me know what you think!